Saturday, July 5, 2008

Dreams and Preference - Christine


My dream: We are packing our stuff, getting ready to leave and go home. A fire begins to ravish the house we were staying in. I am packing my car, leaving the residence that was gracious enough to hold us, and it starts to burn in the kitchen. Needing to pack out, Orien and I run to get our gear out to his car. My car is in a dangerous area, and we need to get it out. It’s way to close and will be engulfed if we don’t move quick. Orien Rose is not with us yet, but she shows up from somewhere. We yell to her to get into the car as we would in a situation like this, and she does, but she is a little boy.


A co-worker comes out and tries to gossip with me as she gets in her car. Ignoring the impending danger, she keeps talking. I blow her off. I hear Orien Rose in the car crying, I tell her we will be right back and Orien and I run. Our legs are moving so fast I can’t see them, and I know that I shouldn’t be able to breathe, but I can just fine.


My heart wrenches as I leave my child crying in the car, not too far from where we are, but not the focus none the less as I try to retrieve my Prius before the flames reach out and lick them. I hear the cadence of the cry, and it is disturbing and I am pulled towards it and out of my dream…awake.


There was no crying in the house, only an upset Orien finding his way to the bathroom. He, the sleep-until-at-least-11am guy, was up at 6:30am. So, either he had not gone to sleep or he was in his head. Turns out he was in his head. You see, he is a body-first person and when he goes into his head like that, it is all over him. It is permeable, thick around his being. He no longer has control of his auric bubble as his head distracts him and it becomes very evident to me along the way.


So, I awoke too because I am the once-I-am-up-I-can’t-go-back-to-sleep girl. Yesterday, I made a wish that Orien would be up before me and make ME coffee as I woke. Looks like that is (sort of) coming true today, and I remember how powerful wishes can be.


I am a mind-first person, and we balance each other well. When I am in my body, the mind takes a nap. I am not as quick to answer, but stare rather like a fey. For those used to the fluidity of my mind to find the answer, this can be annoying. For me, I rather enjoy it when it happens.


For example: I got a new facial piercing a few weeks back, and I was punched into my body. It was nice to enjoy complete body connection (though I would love to be able to do it this completely without the punch), feeling the Earth as it swayed, my body’s dance with it. It was even funnier to become conscious for a second at the meaning of the looks on Gordon and Orien’s faces. They were trying to decide which one was going to put down their bowl of chili to catch me should I fall. Me, I just kept swaying and giggled.

No comments: